PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Local Artist

I came across some Peppered Paper prints when I was strolling through the Southern Market today. First of all, the Southern Market is really a cool place. If you live in Knoxville, or are driving through, you must check this place out. (Thanks, Girlfriend, for introducing me to the SM - you know who you are!). Anyway, while I was meandering through the market, I came across some prints done by this artist. I consider myself to be an artist in the fine arts (oil painting) so I don't usually do pieces that would be classified as whimsical or folk art. Many artists in the fine arts community don't usually respect folk arts/crafts and design. But I have an appreciation for those artists who can see the world through a vividly colorful lens and interpret what they see in fun shapes and colors. In fact, many of Peppered Paper designs are quite inspiring and fresh. They would look very sweet in a child's room, and since I have 3 of those rooms in my home this type of art calls out to me.

No comments: