It's so hard to believe that I'm already planning for Lily's school this coming fall. First of all, I can hardly believe she is school-aged. Secondly, it seems a tad early to be thinking about schoolbooks, uniforms, curriculum, and scheduling all before the school year has even ended for the summer. But, alas! Here I am thinking through all the details of Lily's kindergarten year which starts in about 3 months. I've had numerous steps to accomplish before making a decision about Lily's education. I've completed a few of the preliminary items but I still lack a few more steps before we are all set.
The steps include...
1. Prayer and researching all the options (public, private, or homeschool)
2. Praying through and writing down our family's educational goals
, which revealed to BJ and me that homeschooling was the right path for us.
3. Praying through the different homeschool options, which include independent homeschooler, homeschooler registered with a church-related school, homeschooler where your home is considered a satellite location of a church-related school (thru the Jeter Memorandum
), or private schooling through distance learning with a Category III school
4. After choosing our homeschool option, which is the "satellite location" option with River's Edge Christian Academy
, we needed to complete the application and submit it to them.
5. Next we'll have a family interview with River's Edge on May 6 and then await the approval process.
6. If approved, we'll purchase our curriculum and begin learning our co-teaching roles with River's Edge.
As a huge praise, the Lord did an awesome thing to help our decision. He clearly revealed to us that River's Edge is the right place for Lily and our family. First, the principal of the school is a close friend to my mom and dad. He is a great man who loves Jesus, loves to serve families in the community, and has a high regard for academic excellence from a Biblical worldview. And secondly, they are starting a new campus - just this year! - at a Baptist church that is literally 3 miles from our house. The Lord could not have made the decision any more easy for us. Praise you, Jesus!
We are so excited to begin this new adventure and to watch Lily learn and grow and blossom into the young woman God has created her to be.