PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Politics

I haven't put any political posts up on this blog. It's not that I don't care about politics in our nation. I voted and I pray for the next President. It's just that my heart is broken for something that runs deeper than politics. My heart is broken for all of humanity. For too long I have enjoyed, and even worshipped, our freedoms and material wealth in this great nation. And as I say this, I am examining my own heart: Have I for too long put my trust in my comforts and not put my trust in Jesus? I don't desire to see the number of abortions in this nation increase, nor do I desire to see God's plan for marriage denigrated. But I have to reflect and ask where my relationship with Christ is today. He will hold me accountable for my own sins, my own lack of concern for the dying, my own worship of material goods, my own independence from Him, my own bad attitudes, my own overeating, my own arrogance, my own impatience, my own envy, my own selfishness, my own boasting, and my own self-reliance. It's all too easy to point fingers, but today I reflect on my own relationship with Jesus. I ask Him to show me so I can receive His gift of repentance and forgiveness. And as He reveals to me sin in my life, I pray I will be broken so I can serve Him more effectively, and even more so during times of hardship and persecution if He so desires to allow those things to come.

No comments: