PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Boy, Girl, or Feline?

I had my 16-week OB appointment today. Baby Three is sounding great - strong heartbeat about 150 bpm. In only 4 weeks we'll know the sex of the little bean. We're scheduled for the 20-week ultrasound on Dec. 9. I'm very excited to know which bins of newborn clothing to pull out of the closet. Will it be Schaeffer's blue and yellow outfits, or will it be Lily's pink frocks? I don't have a single inclination of this baby's sex. I had a strong feeling with Lily that she was a girl. I had a strong feeling with Schaeffer that he was a girl - wrong! And the only clue I've had with this baby came in the form of a dream, and well, it was a grey tabby cat. Yes, I actually dreamed I gave birth to a 7 pound grey cat that came out clawing the nurses. And then the nurses were frustrated because I couldn't get my "baby" strapped into the car seat. Have you ever tried putting a seatbelt around a cat?! Maybe the dream is an actual reflection of how I feel some days when I'm trying to strap in my squirming, and quite strong, 17-month old son.

No comments: