PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Friday, November 21, 2008

Birth Through the Eyes of a Preschooler

It's always so funny to hear what comes out of my little innocent 3-year-old's mouth. As my belly - and little bean - grows bigger every day, I've become more protective of my belly against fast approaching objects (and little people). It just so happens that Lily's head reaches right to my belly button when she stands beside me. And one of her favorite things to do is to run and crash her head into me - I guess it's a sensory thing, I don't really know. But lately I've had to throw my hands up to stop her, and I'm definitely more aware when she is in one of her wild moods because there's usually no warning when she's going to crash into me. So yesterday, I stopped her and pointed at my belly to show her exactly where her little brother or sister was living. I said, "Lily, see my belly right here? This is your little baby brother or sister and you have to be careful around my belly because you could hurt your little brother or sister." Lily said, "It's a sister! Are you going to spit her out tomorrow?"

4 comments:

The Hills said...

Lol! Wouldn't it be nice if it was as easy as spitting them out? Little children can be so precious and funny. Hope y'all are doing well. We miss seeing you.

The Zalks said...

LoL, I'm telling you sometimes kids just know! haha Maybe she is right?! When will you find out the sex?? I had a little boy @ school that told his mom she was pregnant (before she had ANY idea) then announced they were having a girl and named her... and he was right on all accounts. (actually I have a few similar stories that are very much the same=) That particular mom now has a little girls and named her what her son picked out.lol

Staci said...

Yes- Ella keeps telling me that our baby is a girl also and that she will be here tomorrow! I can't wait to hear more as I begin to grow!

The Knight Family said...

That is so sweet!!! :)