PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Monday, July 21, 2008

Watch Him Grow!

Just give him water...


And food...


And watch him grow!

Schaeffer started taking his first steps last week!! This is one of my favorite milestones. He looks so cute with those chubby-fat, bow legs and flat chubby feet shakily propelling his body forward. It's amazing to watch a baby develop from no mobility as a newborn to complete independence and freedom as a walker and explorer. He's still very unsure of himself and prefers crawling as his main means of transportation.

Schaeffer makes lots of sounds, and loud ones! We're still eagerly anticipating his first word. Sometimes I hear him make the sounds ma-ma-ma, na-na-na, ca-ca-ca, and so on. I know that he'll begin using these sounds in meaningful ways very soon. I hope his first word is Mama, but it won't surprise me if he starts off with "Ba" (ball) or "Ye-ye" (Lily).

Schaeffer loves to push buttons on anything, such as the TV, DVD player, telephone, remote, etc. He also loves to play with the cars and trucks that he received for his first birthday. Instinctively he knows what they are supposed to do.

BJ says, and I agree, that we'll probably have to be more firm with him since he seems a bit more determined than his big sister. He doesn't like to take "No" for an answer and likes to test us on this concept daily. Luckily we're bigger and stronger than him right now. We can't afford to lose this battle because he might turn out to be a big fella one day soon.

I've enjoyed having a son and watching all the difference between him and Lily. Everthing about my two children are wonderfully different and special. I love them both very much!

No comments: