PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Friday, May 30, 2008

This Too is Meaningless!

In exactly 2 months, 2 weeks and 6 days, Lily will (or should) begin preschool at our church. The caveat: she must be fully potty trained at age 3 in order to attend. After employing a variety of tried-and-true potty-training techniques, I've decided to take the no-pressure approach. As King Solomon said, "For whom am I toiling...and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment? This too is meaningless - a miserable business!" (Ecclesiastes 4:8). Lily is 3 years old (40 months to be exact). I could spend hours, days, weeks, months, and even years (Oh help me, Lord!) worrying, fretting, pressuring, pleading, and nagging to get Lily to try and use the potty. It's all meaningless! Until she is good and ready to take the steps toward potty training, I'm basically toiling for nothing. A wise friend with three children told me, "If Lily is not potty trained by August, then you know it is not God's timing for her to go to preschool." So true. In God's timing she will be ready and His timing is perfect. Even though I'm feverishly praying that His timing be before August!

No comments: