PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Thursday, May 1, 2008

Girl Night with a Sister

I don't get girl nights that often so when they occur I'm as happy as can be. My friend Lori and I went out last night for a pedi, mani and dinner.

I'm so proud of my friend Lori. I knew her when she was a hard-working college student. I had just become a stay at home wife (no kids). We ran the roads all the time. Meeting for lunch a couple of times per week, going to the pool, shopping, hiking and going to concerts. Now we are both more "grown up." I have two children and she has a regular job and a soon-to-be fiance. Now we can barely find the time to get together once per month as we are both juggling more responsibilities.

I have watched Lori grow up over the past few years. She graduated with an engineering degree from The University of Tennessee while working full-time as a successful real estate agent. Just about 2 years ago she started a new real estate company with a business partner. She owns rental properties and manages them. And soon she will be taking on the responsibilties and joys of being a wife, step mom and new mom one day.

I love Lori and I'm so proud of her. I don't have a sister of my own, and she's an only child. I guess I sort of see her as my baby sister. Best of luck, Lori! I'm thinking about you and praying for you on this special weekend.

No comments: