PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Monday, February 22, 2010

Farmhouse Fotos

I was able to capture some photos yesterday of my dream. It's probably not a dream come true, but I can still dream, right? So here she is in all her glory - a traditional wing-and-gable farmhouse with a shed front porch. It appears to be 1.5 stories. I have not had the chance to go inside because the realtor who owns this property will not return my realtor's phone calls. I was, however, able to peek in the windows. Wow! It's rough. The property is absolutely amazing though. The house would probably require at least $70,000 in renovations if the foundation was actually solid enough to salvage. The house appears to have 3 rooms downstairs (not including the very small single bath) and probably 2 or 3 rooms upstairs. One of the rooms downstairs is a large kitchen. It appears to have plumbing, electrical (although it's brought in through a window), no heating and air, and very rough floors, windows, siding and roofing. Almost everything would need to be replaced. That's so unfortunate.

Front/side view


Front view


Large barn beside house


Side field with view of other small barns


Back field that's fenced, including a pond (you can see it at the bottom of the hill if you look closely), and a clothes line (look closely in right side of photo near the fence).
Isn't she beautiful and amazing?!

2 comments:

Jesse and Leslie said...

Love it! Reminds me of my granny & papaw southern's house back home. I should take you there sometime. Farm houses are awesome!

The Newvines said...

Hey there Emily! Didn't know you had a blog! So glad you left a comment on mine :)) Hey, where is this house anyway? Love the character and the land to go with! Love, Joy