PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Griffin is 6 Months

Griffin has made it to his half birthday - he is now 6 months old! He is still as happy, squirmy, lovable, and kissable as ever. My new favorite thing that he does is when he tries to give hugs and kisses. He gets all excited when I pick him up from his crib after a good long nap and he wraps his arms around my neck, squeezes me tight, and pulls me close to his face while he tries to give me a big sloppy open mouth kiss. None of my other children ever did that and it is totally melting my heart. And because he is so chunky and squishy I just wanna squeeze him all the time!

He is getting very close to crawling. I've seen him try lots of times to get up on his knees. He pushes up on his arms and tries so hard to rock back on his knees. It's only a matter of time.

Griffin's hair is still a shade of red. It seems to be darkening but it's still red. His eyes are still an interesting shade of not quite brown and not quite blue. I've never seen that shade of eye color before.

He had his first taste of solids about 2 weeks ago. It didn't go over real well. He gagged and shivered with each bite, but it's funny because he never did refuse a single bite. I'll try solids again with him in the next few days. For now he's only had about 5 bites of rice cereal. He is still exclusively breastfed - the little guy won't take a bottle. He's not my first to refuse a bottle so no biggey. I hope to continue breastfeeding until at least 12 months like I've done with my other two.

Griffin is such a blessing and a joy in my life. I love every soft and chunky part on his little body.

No comments: