PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Paci-free in 4 Weeks or Less! - Week 1

We've started another reward chart with Lily. This time the reward is Spike the Ultra Dinosaur and it's to motivate her to give up her pacifiers during the day. She is still allowed to use them at nighttime. She's not allowed to bring the pacifiers out of her room. If she needs a "fix" during the day she can get on her bed and use her paci's. But I've even tried to help her from using them at all during the day. She will tell me that she really needs them so I try to find a good substitute. Yesterday she chewed two pieces of bubble gum and chomped on a raw carrot. So far today she has only asked for them once and I gave her a sliced apple. The crunchy stuff seems to work really great to get her past her craving. I sort of feel like I'm trying to break her from an addiction or something. BJ asked me yesterday if there was a Paci Patch. Sheesh! I wish! That would be way easier. My hope has been all along that she would be willing to give up her paci's before age 5. And so far we are on the right track. This is the first time she has been willing to consider giving them up for a reward. Spike is something she has wanted and begged for for a long time and it seems to be doing the trick, well at least for the first 2 days. But I think if she can stick with it the paci's could be 100% gone in 4 weeks or less.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Good Luck! Pacipatch, that is too funny! Apparently when I was little I was also addicted to the paci and how my mom broke me was when we went on vacation she told me she forgot them and when we got home I didn't ask for them! So maybe you could convince your hubby you need a trip to the beach to "help" you daughter, lol!

Emily said...

I'm lovin' the beach trip idea. That would be great!

Staci said...

That is what we did - came to Knoxville and told E we forgot them! Oh and I let her sleep in the room w/her Nana and Pappy that week!