PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Friday, February 13, 2009

An Evening At the Hospital

We had a little bit of a scare yesterday. I started having contractions and my home remedies like lying down, drinking water, and taking Brethine weren't working. I was instructed to go to the Women's Pavilion for observation. After about an hour of contractions 7-8 minutes apart Dr. B's nurse practioner and the doctor-on-call (Dr. B is on vacation this weekend) ordered a shot of Brethine and two bags of IV fluids. The Brethine worked almost immediately and I started feeling a lot better. It took about 4 hours to get all the fluids and then I was sent home after it was determined that the contractions had decreased greatly - I only had 1 or 2 very small contractions after the shot and fluids. I've now been instructed to take Brethine every 4 hours around the clock instead of every 6 hours - the nurse told me to set my alarm at night to wake up so I don't miss a single dose! And I'm to drink tons of water all day long. Brethine makes me feel really shaky and funny so I hate to take it, but if that's what's going to keep Griffin in place for another 7-11 weeks then that's what I'll have to do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent blog very nice and unique information related to PHANEROO. Thanks for sharing this information.
Beclovent | Brethine