PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I need to know...

I need to know that I'm not alone. Today was tough. I am not going to lie. All four kiddos were especially rotten or demanding today. I won't go into all the details but generally they were all acting their ages: Lily (6), Schaeffer (3), Griffin (almost 2), and Charlotte (2 months). With days like today, I need to know I'm not the only one who...
...sometimes wants to throw in the towel and give up on this parenting thing.
...wonders if my voice is being heard over all the craziness in our home.
...has sat in the middle of the floor and cried out of frustration.
...lost my temper and raised my voice one too many times.
...locked my bedroom door and got into the shower just to drown out the demanding cries for just a few minutes.
...wonders how I'm going to start another morning with a happy positive attitude on only 4 hours of sleep.
...begs for just a 2 hour break that doesn't involve thinking, reading, correcting, or wiping.
...has forgotten to take photos of the fourth child and then has realized she is 2 months old already.
...is avoiding making any more appointments, promises, or anything else that would require a commitment of my time.
...is missing alone time with a neglected husband.
...feels guilty for not doing more today.
...hopes to read a good book again one day.
...is envious of people who tell me of their amazing "quiet times" with God and then feel guilty over my sin of envy.
...embraces any moment that brings me to my knees in prayer and then calls it a daily devotion.
...has researched how much a nanny costs.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh...you are definitely not alone.

Unknown said...

No not alone in fact, my day was pretty much like yours yesterday and I only had one of my kids most of the day. Thankful to know I also am not alone and praying for you today. Love you!

Jesse and Leslie said...

Not alone my friend. Praying for strength, peace and power in your life today. Love you much!

Amanda said...

Having small children close in age (especially during toddler yrs) is so tough! Many of us have been there or still are in the trenches. So glad God gives us a "sisterhood" of moms and the Holy Spirit. My marriage and my children have greatly impacted my prayer life!(going in for knee replacements next week--jk:) Luvs ya

Cassie said...

Not at all. In fact I am amazed at how you do it with four when I struggle sometimes with just one. Love and prayers for you.

The Moody Newlyweds said...

You are definitely not alone, and you are doing great! Even through the storms, your boat is holding fast to the anchor! I only have one and I'm just starting this mommy business and I have days like that. I can't imagine what patience and love it takes to handle 4 under 10 years old! :-) Love you and all!