PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Thought Provoking Statement

I was reading Cookie magazine a few weeks ago and I loved what one of the stay-at-home mom's said in her article: "Parenting is not a difficult task; anyone can do it. But being a parent makes doing everything else nearly impossible." I got a good chuckle from that. It's true. Being a parent does not require any prior training, although, faith in God and obedience to Him does make all the difference when trying to raise children who love Jesus. I didn't need my Bachelor's degree, nor my six years in the corporate world to get me ready for my little ones. God prepared my heart, and then the babies provided all the hands-on-training. From day one you enter into what I call "survival mode." You just have to figure out for yourself how to accomplish anything on 3 hours of total sleep, how to keep everyone fed, changed and content, how to nurture the little ones all day long and still give some quality time to Hubby in the evening, how to make a phone call, eat a meal, or go to the bathroom. All those seemingly simple tasks are now nearly impossible with a baby (or three) in the house. I enjoyed the quote from Cookie magazine because it did remind me that doing a good job as a parent requires you to really stink at a lot of other things, but it's so worth it.

1 comment:

The Knight Family said...

Amen to that!
no one can "do it all" when you have kids!