PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Must Be Getting Cranky and/or Hormonal

Either I'm getting really cranky in my old age or really hormonal towards the end of this pregnancy, but I'm really getting sick and tired of receiving forwarded emails containing false information and/or Internet hoaxes. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, but it only takes two seconds to verify most of these forwarded emails by going to www.snopes.com and searching by subject. Doing your homework first would be even more thoughtful and helpful to me. The two latest ones I have received were about a missing boy from PA and a bunch of recalled drugs containing PPA. Neither of these emails were completely accurate and both had begun circulation in 2000 or earlier - totally outdated and probably circulated by millions of gullible individuals. Just do me a favor, please do your research before forwarding an email to me. If I have to check it out and then discover it was false, I will probably end up throwing my PC through the window - yes, I'm that cranky and hormonal!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Have you heard about the kid that was abducted in PA!!?? Pretty scary, huh?? .... HA!HA! - John McInnis