PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Name Game Continues...

BJ and I thought we had a really great name picked out for Baby Three - we picked out Grant (no middle name yet). And it still is a great name. But just yesterday we discovered that some friends from church named their third baby the same name. I'd hate to be accused of stealing a name. Even though we don't get the chance to talk to this couple very often, it still doesn't feel right to use their son's name. There's a good chance our boys will grow up in nursery, children's minitry, preteens, youth group, etc. together. They'll be less than one year apart in age. It's still a wonderful name, but we are back to the drawing board for now. I believe it's no coincidence that on Monday I prayed and asked God to give me confirmation that Grant should be Baby Three's name. And low and behold, on Tuesday evening we learn of our friends who named their baby Grant. We may have some other good options soon...

2 comments:

The Knight Family said...

I love Grant.... I also love Harrison. Emma Grace was going to be "William Harrison" we would have called him ,Will.
John's dad's name was William & my grandfather's name was Harrison. we had it all planned - then HE turned into a SHE!
I agree, a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches...

Emily said...

BJ's nephew's name is Harrison. Another good name taken :-)