PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Appointment Update

All is good with Baby Griffin. Today I am 25 weeks and 2 days - just 14 1/2 weeks to go, unless he decides to come early like my other two and then it would be just 11-12 weeks to go. I had a bit of a blood pressure scare today. I developed preeclampsia with Lily at 36 weeks, but then she was born at 37 1/2 weeks so it all worked out okay. Today when the nurse took my bp, she told me that I needed to lie down on my left side for 5 minutes and she would check me again. I thought "Oh no! Here we go again!" But after 5 minutes on my left side my bp returned to normal (120/70 from 150/85). Because it returned to normal Dr. B was not concerned. His explanation was that sometimes bp elevates for various reasons, but like always he'll be keeping an eye on my bp for the remainder of the pregnancy.

We return for another ultrasound in 3 weeks (Feb. 5) to check Griffin's kidney's again. At the 20-week ultrasound he had fluid in both kidneys. The nurse informed me that it was very common at 20 weeks, but that he would need to be checked again to ensure the fluid was gone. Griffin's heartbeat was good and strong today and his growth is consistent with 25 weeks. I'm optimistic that the kidney issue will be, or is already, resolved. I'm excited to get another ultrasound since I've never had an ultrasound past 20 weeks. It'll be fun to see Griffin again and to see how much he has grown.

No comments: