PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mommy-of-Two-Turbo-Boost

I call this my "Mommy of Two Turbo Boost." This recipe came out of the Runner's World magazine months and months ago (they call it Granita). But I just now got around to trying it, and I must say, it is quite yum-diliacious! I've changed it up a bit just because I didn't have all the correct ingredients, and my modifications work just fine. Here goes:

2 oz espresso or strong coffee (Okay, if you have kids you'll definitely want to bump up the caffeine factor and go ahead and do 3-4 oz espresso or strong coffee).

3 oz low fat milk

1 oz half-and-half (Or, if you are like me and trying to squeeze back into pre-preg jeans, you may want to consider skipping the half-and-half and going all low fat milk. Why add the additional guilt, right?)

2 cups standard-size ice cubes

1 oz chocolate syrup or cocoa powder (If you go the guilt-free route suggested above, you won't feel so guilty about adding a bit more chocolate here. The payoff is magnifique!)

Mix all ingredients in a blender for 25 seconds or until smooth. Serve immediately. Makes two 8-oz servings...or one 16-oz "Mother of Two Turbo Boost."

Calories (with chocolate syrup): 90; Fat: 2 g; Carbs: 15 g; Protein: 2 g. (Not bad, ey?)

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Hey Emily,

Thanks for stopping by. We missed you at the Sip N See. Sorry baby boy was sick. Let's talk soon. I hope you love your new blog. It is our family journal and I love to go back and read the little things I have forgotten. This way I won't forget.

M