PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"I want to see Jesus"

This is our first Christmas without Papaw. Kenneth "Bud" Withrow passed away Feb. 10, 2008 - one day before Lily's third birthday. Tonight as we were heading to a family gathering Lily asked BJ if we were going to see Papaw. BJ explained, "No Lily, Papaw is with Jesus. But we will get to see him one day." Several hours passed, and after we got home from the gathering, Lily said, "I want to go see Jesus by myself." Not understanding what she was asking, I asked her why. Again she said, "I want to go see Jesus by myself." I told her one day she could go see him when he said it was time. Then Lily asked, "Is Papaw with Jesus? I want to see Papaw." We will certainly miss Papaw this Christmas and the coming year. I'm so glad Lily has fond memories of him and I hope she keeps them until she gets to see him again.

No comments: