PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

The View from the Top

The kids and I joined Granddad and Grandmama on a hike yesterday at Smokemont, NC. It was an easy 2.5 mile round trip on a fairly flat trail. I wish I could say it was indeed easy, but I carried Charlotte on my back in the carrier and Griffin in my arms most of the way. He is usually a great little hiker, but we were hiking during his nap time so he was not really up to it. We hiked to a little stream and the kids played in it before we turned and came back down the trail. As we crossed back over the Smoky Mtns on the way home, I pulled off at Newfound Gap to snap a pic. Charlotte and Griffin were sacked out in the van. I guess the ride on my back and in my arms wore them out (isn't that ironic?!). I'm always amazed by the majestic views in the Smoky Mtns. I shall never tire of living here and getting to experience the beauty that surrounds East TN.
Newfound Gap
One of a million butterflies we saw on the trail.

No comments: