PHANEROO \fan-er-o-oo\Greek: to manifest in word or deed.


Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good News; Great Friends; Crazy Kids

I love good news, but I love great friends even better. Bad news is much easier to take with good friends around. And good news is that much better when you can share it with friends. Today I got good news from my OB appt when the FFN test came back negative, meaning I'm at a much lower risk of going into preterm labor over the next two weeks. Apparently all the precautions we've taken over the past two weeks have helped. I'm supposed to continue doing what I've been doing which is to take Brethine every 4 hours, drink lots of water, and rest as much as possible. And on top of my good news our really great friends Amanda and Shane brought us dinner, not just one dinner but two! Tonight we enjoyed beef tips with rice and peas. Yummy! And, they brought us a homemade lasagna for another night. Yum yum! Even if I'd received some bad news today things would've been made better by a large helping of beef tips and rice.

Yesterday was a slightly different day. BJ had a meeting to attend in Nashville and so he was gone all day until 7:30 p.m. It was the first day in two weeks that I had been all on my own. The kiddos were in rare form. Schaeffer hasn't been feeling good so he's been extra fussy. Lily was wired all day long and began tormenting her brother. Things got a lot worse when Schaeffer fell out of his crib after naptime, probably from trying to climb out. That's the first time he's ever tried that. Without thinking I ran up the stairs and whisked him off the floor. He was fine and he calmed down quickly. I, on the other hand, started having contractions that didn't stop until I was able to lay down when BJ got home. I tried to lay on the couch while the kids played, but then Lily proceeded to pee on the floor (she's trying out the potty-training thing this week). Schaeffer began to melt down because his bedtime is around 7 pm but he gets really cranky about an hour before, and he's not feeling good. And then Lily and Schaeffer collided in the hallway and Lily got a bloody lip. Finally, BJ walked in the door and I went upstairs to lay on the bed because I was really feeling bad by then. Luckily the contractions stopped after laying down for a little while. If I continue to have days like yesterday, I'm not exactly sure how much rest I will be able to get with BJ returning to work. My prayer is that I can stay strong for another 7 weeks because I know once this baby is on the outside I'll be much more energetic, healthy, and able to manage my household the way I like - even if it means I have to drink 3 cups of coffee every day because of all the sleepless nights!

No comments: